Wow… we have reached May.
So obviously lots of people are wondering how are things going with the development of The Cauldron Kitchen. Well, here is a run down of some events and milestones we reached:
- Secured a lease in February of a great location. A lot of people have come around to view the place and everyone came out of it excited.
- Secured our insurance. We got a good deal and we are fully insured for all the shenanigans that will happen in the Cauldron.
- We finalized our design for the space and everything seems decent enough that the City of Ottawa issued us a building permit.
- Started a crowd funding campaign in which we produced our own video and did a big publicity campaign to get people to understand the business.
- Ended a crowd funding campaign with mixed results. See our other blog post to know more details.
- Secured over $40K in start up investments. This INVALUABLE cash helped bring us come to this point. A BIG thank you to those early believers.
- Hosted an information night where we had over 15 food businesses show up to learn about our plans and to tour our virtual kitchen.
- To date, we have received over 32 unique emails from food businesses asking about our kitchen. The questions range from opening day to rental rates to storage capacity.
- From all these inquires, several food businesses have signed our Letter of Intent. These businesses are committed to start once we are operating and as a bonus will have seniority when booking their kitchen reservations. There is no upfront cash commitment. Just so you know, this helps us leverage investors to our cause. Hint Hint!!
- Received some great publicity from Apt613 website. The article can be found here. We are very grateful of all the love, re-tweets, mentions, shares, and likes. Keep it up.
What are our plans in the near future: Investor Hunting!
As stated in the Apt613 article, we are looking for a lead investor to drive the bus to foodie paradise. We have an attractive term sheet for investors, which we can discuss in a personal meeting. Send us an email to arrange a tour.